Friday, August 3, 2018

Michigan Deer Tracking Hound.

Shot placement was slightly high into the lungs on the entrance due to the deer being 8 yards from the base of the treestand. Exit should be out the white belly hair. Typical mule kick and bolts off really fast. My client sites quietly anticipating to hear the crash. All he hears is salience.. He decided to sit a few extra hours as it is the rut and he shot the buck just after daybreak.
 I received a text about 10 am from one of my VIP clients saying I shot a buck at 8:30 am.
Shot placement high lungs, buck runs off, didn't hear him crash what's your availability if needed?
  For those that don't know about my VIP client list its an idea I came up with that allows hunters to save money if by chance they need tracking service.
 I'll reply to my VIP client with instructions so we're both on the same page to ensure everything is done correctly.
 I replied with wait as long as you can and get down and quietly look for your bolt and send me pics of the bolt and it's fletching and any hair, blood that you can find.
 I received hair and blood pics however the bolt can't be found. He is hunting a creek bottom and the buck was so close he thinks the bolt is in the mud. I suggest at noon start tracking marking the blood trail with TP.
It's only a few minutes past noon and says your not going to believe this!! The blood trail had stopped!! I'm only 20 yards from to shot site.
I suggest start walking further down the run and start checking the other runs as it's not uncommon to loose blood that quickly especially if the buck hasn't exhaled.
Maybe 20 minutes has passed and still no blood. I had obligations during the day so I told him I'll be that after his evening hunt.
  I used Sypris for this track and like the rock star she is she started off with her #1 hit song walk this way.
She is nose to the ground and starts indicating micro size pinned drops about 100 yards away and continues with sniper accuracy finding more pinn size blood droplets. We are now over half mile into this track and I highly doubtful anyone could have eye tracked this buck and if they could it would have taken hours!! So we're 20 minutes into the track and half mile away my client says do you think I killed him? I know this much!!
~ He isn't double lunged!!
~ Sypris fully understand who she is tracking
~ weather is perfect
~ we have plenty of batteries to last all night
~ it's liver gut shot so it's simply a matter of where and when she finds!!!
  He says you can tell it's liver shot by the color of these pin drops of blood? I said heck no I can tell by that way it taste!! His eyes grew larger and he says your fucking with my right?
Haha yeah I can tell by the color and I give him a wink!!
Sypris is now 1 mile away and hasn't missed a step and putting on a true tracking clinic.
Now we are in some flooded timber and she swims across until he she his higher ground and continues this for 100 yards. Now we're in swamp grass that's very dense. I get right up close to her to help protect her if by chance to buck is alive!!
  She stops and I see her nose go up and I can hear her sniffing and I say he is close by!! Really you think so I'm being asked?
Sypris goes a few more feet and stops and I'm shinning my 900 lumen light looking for eyes.
  Then I spot four hooves protruding from the swamp grass and the buck head is up looking at me "he is alive"
   I quickly back out and tell him to get your crossbow ready.
  We have already discussed hand signals in case this event happens.
So he moves into position and let's the bolt fly hitting him perfectly in the lungs!!
  Nothing happens not even a flinch.
The buck is dead and rigamortis has already set in. The bucks antlers were caught up in some vines holding his head up.
Thanks again for following our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment