Thursday, January 23, 2020

Blood tracking dogs in Michigan


Lyle Stowe took the shot with his compound bow and his arrow told the truth. Liver!
  Knowing how long a mature buck can live being shot center mass he knew to let the buck lay over night. Always interested in tracking dogs this was a great time to use one. Not wanting to loose his deer and curious about tracking dogs he made the call to Miller Deer tracking.
  After we discussed everything arrangements were made and I was scheduled to help mid morning. Sypris quickly locked on to this uncontaminated track and took us 4-500 yards and along the way she would indicate blood droplets. I can tell you theirs zero chance anymore could have followed the blood trail. As we approach the lake Mr. Stowe says they love to go out onto the island. The perimeter of the lake was very thick with brush and the deer made tunnels to access the water and the island. Sypris checked a few deer runs leading out to the island. She found one that she liked and I was on my hands and knees prying my way through the brush. Sypris stop's dead in her tracks and starts backing up land that's when I seen the buck standing with his head down ready to charge like a bull. I'm trying to yell in a quiet voice to Lyle to back out!! I suggested we give him 6-7 more hours and resume tracking as we know he had to make it to island.
Click on the link to watch the ending.
We ended up using my boat because there's no way we could have dragged him back the way tracked him.

 https://youtu.be/A5FmbSZSJzk


No comments:

Post a Comment